Monday, January 13, 2020

Short Film

Process

The creation of a short film is indeed a process. It takes a lot of time to get it right. Connor who was the director came up with the idea of the short film. We expanded upon the idea and tried different things in the script but Connor had the final say in the script. We used Celtx to create the script and printed out scripts for our future actors. After that everyone agreed on a certain production role (Editor, Art Director, Director, and DP) I was the editor of the project. We all worked on story boards to get them finished and Connor worked on production schedule and cast list once we got actors. When we got actors and the days to film came up there was not many problems. Some actors had to leave early so we did some time crunches but overall filming was smooth and as we expected. 

Being an Editor

As an editor I was responsible for editing the film and getting it finished on time. I used Adobe Premiere to edit and a bit of Adobe after effects for some effects. Editing was very straight forward, get the clips, put them together, clean it up, effects. That was the process for the entire film. I did learn how to do some better effects for premiere.

Being Professional

The team I worked with did a great job overall. We did a great job getting the camera set up and filming on time. We did talk through a lot of the problems and figure out when and where we were going to film. I stood up when stuff was not getting done to get things into check. I talked with the actors to tell them how to act in a scene. After all we got the project in on time.

The Experience

The overall experience was positive. If I were to do something different I would give us more time with filming so the camera setting would be checked more often so the film would look better. Other than that it was great and I would do everything else the same. I think that finding actors before the film would also be great so we don't have unreliable actors when it comes to finding dates. But at the end of the day I think the film turned out great and cant wait to work on another project. 


No comments:

Post a Comment