Monday, February 3, 2020

AJR 100 Bad Days | Review

Story

The story seems very weird and seems to have a hidden meaning. But I think the video is trying to look like some sort of fever dream, or that sort of aesthetic. It gives you an uncomfortable visual aspect too. It gives a lot of edited scenes of people missing parts of their body by using a green screen. It also shows repeated scenery and edits. It was overall eye catching and enjoyable.

Knowledge

The video is mostly consisted of high edits using green screens and special effects. I think this good good eye catching deal is what I want to go for in my video, at least as the editor of the team. I do like also the serious feel to it which is what we will be applying to our music video. This can be implemented by using the dark scenes when the party goes wrong. 

Quality

The creator of this video did a great job with the video, and it's hard to find flaws with the product. I enjoyed the edits and scenery they presented and the lip sync was pretty good. I think some improvements could be an easier to follow story, if there even was one to begin with. The music video just sort of followed the lyrics in a loose way, it made it a bit hard to understand. But that made it seemed like they were missing or broken which the song is about bad days, so maybe that was a point to it.

Conclusion

The music video is a great product and I think that AJR did a great job creating it. It was a bit hard to follow story but I sort of think that was the point. The actors were mostly broken and looked dismembered which came from good editing. This gave the feel of the people being broken which worked well with them talking about bad days and bad events. The lip sync was good and the look of it was good too, it sort of made me think of a fever dream. So it was a good video, and I think our music video will be good too.





No comments:

Post a Comment